March 10, 2017
An ongoing, Class II recall of 7200 cartons of MakeSense Pharma First Aid Cream Lidocaine HCL 0.5%, Phenol 0.5%, 1 oz (28 g) tube, has been announced in the most recent US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Enforcement Report.
The recalled first aid cream, which was made in China, was distributed throughout Michigan, Illinois, New York, Florida, and Pennsylvania.
Antiemetic Drug Recalled
Diabetes Drug Recalled
The recalled cream has the following code information:
- Lot number 103814 (Exp 09/17)
- Lot number 105306 (Exp 04/18)
- NDC 69020-210-28
- UPC 85718005139
The reason for the recall is cited as “CGMP Deviations” in the FDA report. The recall is also one of five Cherry Hill Sales Co products that are being voluntarily recalled for this reason. The other recalled products are:
- MakeSense Pharma Medicated Anti-Itch Cream With Soothing Aloe Vera and Vitamin E Camphor 1%/Menthol 1%
- MakeSense Pharma Anti Fungal Cream 1% Clotrimazole USP Cream
- MakeSense Pharma Anti Fungal Cream Miconazole Nitrate 2%
- MakeSense Pharma Hemorrhoidal Relief Cream Phenylephrine HCL-0.25% Zinc Oxide-12.50%
Cherry Hill Sales Co initiated the recall on January 27, 2017.
—Meredith Edwards White